Saturday 3 August 2013

Run For My Life!

Ok...well i didn't exactly run for my life, but felt like it by the end.

Today i took part in a 5k run (3.1 miles) with Park Run, which is a free weekly timed event.
Now i am not a big fan of running to be honest i have always found it very boring, i would rather there be some obstickles to jump over like the spartan race, anyway...as some friend of mine was taking part i thought you no what..sod it, i will give it a try see how well i do.
Now as i have said i don't really like running, i prefer to do kettlebell training as it is my taste, last time i think i ran for long distance was almost 8 years ago that i remember.
lets get on to my time,
 i didn't take a watch or even a phone to keep an eye on my time, should of done really, kept up an even pace, couple of banks and small hills, i don't know my exact time yet but was told we receive an email with our time also updated on there site as each runner is bar coded, but that what i think it my be is 25 minutes maybe under, soon as i find out i will inform my viewers :)

Now...to me i was happy with the that time, even tho i don't run i found it a little easier than i thought it was going to be, maybe it proves that kettlebell helps as an all rounder, just imagine if i did start running to ;)


p.s if anyone else has taken part in long distance running and has had no pre running experience i would like to hear your story

No comments:

Post a Comment